Healthy Eating Guidelines for optimal health, longevity and weight management:
- Organic food with little to no processing
- Eat a wide variety of healthy foods. 90%+ should be plant based.
- Vegetables: 7-13 servings per day
- Whole grains: 7-13 servings per day (if you are at or under your ideal weight/body composition)
- Fruit: 2-4 servings per day
- Eliminate or minimize processed sugar
- Limit sea salt to 3 teaspoons per day. Eliminate table salt (sodium chloride) from your diet.
- Flavonoid foods: 2-4 servings per day. Flaxseed, beans, legumes, onion, tempeh, cranberry, arrowroot.
- If you are looking for the next segment to this post, then please leave me a comment below.
Great Resources for Organic Specialty Foods: